COVID-19 update from the Department for Education - 27 November 2020
We received this information from the Department for Education today:
COVID-19 Update – Friday 27 November
The following schools and preschools will reopen on Monday 30 November, following a temporary COVID-19 closure:
- Mawson Lakes School and Preschool
- Roma Mitchell Secondary College
- Woodville High School (except year 9 students and identified teachers).
Please note that only the year 9 students and a small group of identified teachers from Woodville High School are required to self-isolate, not their household members or any other student/staff who have attended the site.
Staff and students from Mawson Lakes School and Roma Mitchell Secondary College can end their 14 day self-quarantine period at midnight tonight providing they have received confirmation of 2 negative COVID-19 tests.
Easing of restrictions
The Premier has announced the easing of some restrictions from 1 December. This includes:
- increasing the caps on functions in licenced venues, which may positively impact school formals, end of year ceremonies and graduations if they are being in held in venues offsite. Please check with your venue to see if requirements will change.
- removing border restrictions with Victoria, which will be of great relief to our schools and preschools along the border.
There will no changes to the current advice for school sport.
We’ll provide updates once the Directions are formally released by SAPOL.
All schools, preschools and children’s centres must ensure all visitors sign in at the front office/reception and provide the date and time of their visit and a mobile number and email address. This will enable communication in the event of a site closure and assist SA Health with contact tracing.