Freedom of information (FOI)
Under the Freedom of Information Act 1991 (SA) and the Freedom of Information Act 1982 (Cwlth), you are legally entitled to access information (with some restrictions) held by public sector organisations.
Some information held by the Education Standards Board (ESB) is already publicly available on this website. Certain information is proactively disclosed and updated regularly. For other information, you may make a freedom of information (FOI) request. For further information about this, please see the ESB’s Information statement.
For advice about information already released under FOI provisions, please contact the Registrar by email: educationstandardsboard [at] sa.gov.au or phone: 1800 882 413.
How to make an FOI request
Please read our Information statement and/or contact our Freedom of Information Officer first to work out if your request comes under state or Commonwealth legislation. Then:
- For requests under the state FOI Act, please use the form provided in our Information statement.
- For requests under the Commonwealth FOI Act, please provide the following in writing (email is sufficient):
- State that your request is an application under the Commonwealth FOI Act.
- Describe the documents you seek in enough detail to allow the decision-maker to identify and find them.
- Provide an address for reply.
educationstandardsboard [at] sa.gov.au
Freedom of Information Officer
Education Standards Board
GPO Box 1811
ADELAIDE SA 5001
You need to include the prescribed application fee with your request form. Please see the Freedom of Information (Fees and Charges) Regulations 2018 (SA). You can pay by cheque or money order (made-payable to the ESB) or through an electronic funds transfer.
Call the Freedom of Information Officer on 1800 882 413 if you need more information.