We are the state government authority that regulates early childhood services and schools. This work is done to ensure high-quality education services and high standards of competence and conduct by providers.
Our main functions are:
- approving early childhood services
- assessing and rating early childhood services
- educating about compliance with the law
- taking action if providers are not complying with the law
- registering schools
- reviewing the registration of schools.
For information about how we regulate early childhood services, see our Early childhood services regulatory and quality assurance framework.